Microsoft Loop and Loop Components
Loop Components are available for:
- Microsoft Teams Chat https://blog.icewolf.ch/archive/2022/06/05/microsoft-teams-fluid-components.aspx
- Outlook on the Web / Outlook https://blog.topedia.com/2022/10/loop-komponenten-in-outlook-fuer-windows/
- Word Online https://blog.topedia.com/2023/02/microsoft-loop-in-word-im-web/
- Microsoft Whiteboard https://blog.topedia.com/2023/03/microsoft-loop-in-whiteboard/
- Collaborative meeting notes
Recently Microsoft announced Preview of the Loop Web App
You will encounter the following Screen as long the Admin did not set it up
Learn how to enable the Microsoft Loop app, now in Public Preview
Manage Loop experiences (Loop app and Loop components) in SharePointhttps://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/manage-loop-components
You need to check your Sharepoint Tenant for the two Settings:
Both are already enabled in my Sharepoint Tenant Settings - nothing to do here
Connect-SPOService -Url https://<tenant>-admin.sharepoint.com
Get-SPOTenant | fl *loop*, *fluid*
Next you need to create an Azure AD Security Group (or create a Security Group OnPrem and sync to AzureAD)
I've added some Members that are allowed to use the App.
Then go to the Microsoft 365 Apps Admin Center and create a new Policy
Give it a Name
Add the Security Group you created
Enable these Settings
- Create and view Loop files in Outlook
- Allow users to submit feedback to Microsoft
- Allow users to include screenshots and attachments when they submit feedback to Microsoft
- Create and view Loop files in Loop
- Create and view Loop files in Microsoft apps that support Loop
- Allow users to include log files and content samples when they submit feedback to Microsoft
Policy is created
Then you have to wait for about an hour until the Policy has been applied.
Now you can open https://loop.microsoft.com/
I've addet a new site, because i was wondering where the Content will be saved
I've searched for the Term "MyFirstLoopSie" and it is stored in a hidden Folder (Can't use "open File location" - you will get an Access Error).
You should note that the Loop Components are saved on OneDrive of the Person that creates the Loop Component.
That has some implications when you think about the Leaver Process and the Data in Onedrive.
By the way: Microsoft has announced that they will change the Extension from *.fluid to *.loop