You may have read the SharePoint Blog about the Retirement for Business Connectivity Services
More about Business Connectivity Services
Some of you might alos have received the Mail about the Retirement
- October 2, 2023: Retirement announcement and customers can proactively set a property to block Business Connectivity Services features within their tenant.
- October 30, 2023: Microsoft will begin blocking Business Connectivity Services features based on the tenant property set by the customer.
- January 8, 2024: Microsoft will block Business Connectivity Services features in new Microsoft 365 tenants by default, as well as in tenants who haven’t used the feature since October 30, 2023.
- September 30, 2024: Business Connectivity Services is fully retired in Microsoft 365.
All Business Connectivity Services features will be retired in SharePoint in Microsoft 365. This includes features that such as:
- External lists
- External columns
- External content types
- Business Connectivity Services hybrid solutions
You can check the Status of the Service in SharePoint Online
Connect-SPOService -Url https://<tenant>-admin.sharepoint.com Get-SPOTenant | fl BusinessConnectivityServiceDisabled
And disable the Feature if you don’t use it
Set-SPOTenant -BusinessConnectivityServiceDisabled $true Get-SPOTenant | fl BusinessConnectivityServiceDisabled